Protein Marker in loading buffer
Broad range: 10 – 180 kDa
BlueStar Prestained Protein Marker
The BlueStar Prestained Protein Ladder is a three color protein standard with 10 prestained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights from 10 to 180 kDa. The BlueStar Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins.
- Broad range: 10 – 180 kDa
- High performance: 10 bands with 3 colours (blue, orange and green)
- Ready to use: Supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels.
- Reference bands: 28 kDa (green) and 75 kDa (orange)
- Sharp bands
20 mM Disodium hydrogen phosphate pH 8.0 (at 25°C ), 2 % SDS, 0.2% Triton X-100,10 mM 2-Mercaptoethanol, 6 M Urea and 27% (v/v) Glycerol.
Stable at -20°C for 12 months.
Stable at +4°C for 3 months.
Recommendations for Loading
1. Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
2. Mix thoroughly, to ensure that the solution is homogeneous.
3. Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-polyacrylamide gel:
- 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 3 μl per well for blots
- 10 μl per well for large gels, 6 μl per well for blots
• Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
• Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blotting
• Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Does this marker contain Formaldehyde or Formamide?