A kit containing an extremely pure collection of 5 of the most biochemically useful cyclodextrins:
|Product Data Sheet||Download PDF|
|Package Content||5 x 2 mL|
|Supplied as:||CycloScreen: Cyclodextrins Kit|
|Keywords:||α-cyclodextrin, (2-hydroxypropyl)-α-cyclodextrin, methyl-β-cyclodextrin, (2-hydroxypropyl)-β-cyclodextrins, (2-hydroxypropyl)-γ–cyclodextrins|
|Storage:||2-8°C (short term), -20°C (long term). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw.|
CycloScreen’s cyclodextrins have been proven to be effective in several applications that include:
- protein refolding and stabilization
- small chemicals and reagents stabilization
- quenching of certain detergents
- extension of reagent shelf-life
- specific binding of interfering substances
- transport of chemical compounds
With all three types of cyclodextrins included (α, β and γ as ranked by increasing molecular diameter), the kit offers the option to quickly screen for the most suitable cyclodextrin to a given application. Provided as highly concentrated solutions (5% and 10%), these cyclodextrins can be easily diluted to working concentrations. Working concentrations depend on the application, but typically range from 0.01% to 0.5%. Individual cyclodextrin solutions are available individually and in custom bulk amounts.
- Cyclodextrins in drug carrier systems. Uekama K, Otagiri M. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst. 1987;3(1):1-40.
- Neutron diffraction of alpha, beta and gamma cyclodextrins: hydrogen bonding patterns. Hingerty B, Klar B, Hardgrove GL, Betzel C, Saenger W. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 1984 Aug;2(1):249-60.
- Inclusion compounds of cyclodextrins. Cramer F, Hettler H. Naturwissenschaften. 1967;54(24):625-32.
- Analytical applications of enhanced drug luminescence. Baeyens WR, Ling BL. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1989;7(12):1385-94.