Description: Zika Virus NS1 ELISA Kit- 1 X 96-well plates allows users to test up to 96 samples
Intended Use: (please note, this kit is currently not validated for diagnosing human clinical samples, but has been proven effective for the detection of ZIKV NS1 in mouse plasma samples):
The MonoTrace Zika virus (ZIKV) non-structural protein 1 (NS1) enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) offers researchers a fast, affordable, and accurate way to detect the presence of the ZIKV in vitro. The assay can detect ZIKV NS1 present in cell culture supernatants or cell lysates and saves time compared to Western blotting (quantifiable results in under 2 hours) while offering high-throughput yet cost-efficient alternative to RT-qPCR.
Left: Standard curve generated using recombinant Zika Virus (rZIKV) NS1 protein
Right: Detection of secreted ZiKV NS1 protein in titered cell culture supernatant
The highly sensitive monoclonal antibody-based sandwich ELISA recognizes the 3 major ZIKV genotypes and can specifically detect ZIKV NS1 without cross-reactivity to Dengue virus.
Left: Specific detection of secreted ZIKV NS1 protein in supernatant from Zika virus infected cells (ZKV). Supernatant from uninfected (mock) or Dengue virus infected (DENV) cells were negative.
Right: Specific detection of intracellular ZKV NS1 protein in lysates from Zika virus infected cells (ZKV). Lysates from uninfected (mock) or Dengue virus infected (DENV) cells were negative.
With no expensive equipment required and an assay time of less than 2 hours, the MonoTrace Zika Virus NS1 ELISA is the perfect tool for monitoring infection or screening antiviral therapeutics.
Specificity: Antibodies employed in this sandwich ELISA recognize conserved epitopes on the ZIKV NS1 protein and show no cross-reactivity to Dengue virus NS1
Form: One monoclonal antibody coated 96-well plate comes in convenient removable strip format (12 X 8-well strips)
- Anti-ZIKV NS1 monoclonal antibody coated 96-well plate
- 10X NS1 lysis buffer = 25 ml
- 5X sample diluent = 25 ml
- 10X Wash Buffer = 25 ml
- Ready-to-use full-length recombinant NS1 standards (no titration required) = 2 ml each
- HRP-conjugated anti-NS1 detection antibody = 12 ml
- High sensitivy substrate solution = 12 ml
- HRP quench solution =12 ml
Performance: Range of quantification = 0.1 - 8 ng/ml Zika virus NS1
Storage/Shelf life: Each plate is packed in a vacuum-sealed Mylar(TM) pouch with desiccant packets to extend the shelf life of the product to 6 months from the date of manufacture, if kept unopened and stored at 4°C.
- Cairns, Boorgu, Levin, Kaplin. Niclosamide rescues microcephaly in a humanized in vivo model of Zika infection using human induced neural stem cells. Biology Open (2018) 7, bio031807. doi:10.1242/bio.031807.
- Mesci, Macia, Moore, Muotri et al. Blocking Zika virus vertical transmission. Scientific Reports (2018) 8:1218, DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-19526-4.
- Bierle, Fernandez-Alarcon, Schleiss et al. Assessing Zika virus replication and the development of Zika-specific antibodies after a mid-gestation viral challenge in guinea pigs. PLoS One. (2017) Nov 3;12(11):e0187720. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0187720.
- Liu, Yu, Huan, Qin et al. Characterization of cis-Acting RNA Elements of Zika Virus by Using a Self-Splicing Ribozyme-Dependent Infectious Clone. J Virol. (2017) Oct 13;91(21). pii: e00484-17. doi: 10.1128/JVI.00484-17.
- Wong, He, Siragam, Qiu et al. Antiviral activity of quercetin-3- -O-D-glucoside against Zika virus infection. Virol Sin. (2017) Sep 5. doi: 10.1007/s12250-017-4057-9.
- Liu, Shi, Cheng et al. Evolutionary enhancement of Zika virus infectivity in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Nature doi:10.1038/nature22365
- Xu, Lee, Wen et al. Identification of small-molecule inhibitors of Zika virus infection and induced neural cell death via a drug repurposing screen. Nature Medicine (2016). doi:10.1038/nm.4184.
- Zhang, Hammack, Ogden, Cheng, Lee, et al. Molecular signatures associated with ZIKV exposure in human cortical neural progenitors. Nucleic Acids Research (2016) https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkw765.