Perfused Organ Panel is a unique system that enables continuous perfusion of 48 statistically independent organ cultures with just one tube. Media and assays are added and removed as in a standard 48-well plate. Scaffolds can be removed for cell isolation and imaging.
Starter system includes:
- A dual syringe pump
- Two 48-well PerfusionPal plates
- Two syringes and tubing
- 120 SeedEZ scaffolds
- Two bottles of 100 mL blood substitute
With the exception of syringe pump, all components are sterile.
The blood substitute is immiscible with and insoluble in media, reagents, and drugs. Its main functions are to enable perfusion and provide superior gas exchange to the basal side of each culture. The blood substitute does not support the growth of microorganisms. It is the only chemical in the syringes and the tubing. The risk of contamination is therefore negligible compared to other perfusion platforms that utilize culture media in tubing and syringes.
- Parallel perfusion of 96 cultures (48 cultures in each plate)
- Superior gas exchange
- In-well perfusion (concentrated secretome and metabolome remains in the well)
- Routine media changes (using micropipette as in any multiwell plate)
- In-well assaying
- Assay multiplexing (e.g. bioluminescence and fluorescence)
- Routine reads (transfer supernatants to a new plate and read on a plate reader)
- Extended mechanistic studies
- Repeat drug dose testing
- Increased Phase I drug metabolism
- Human metabolites for slow-to-metabolize drugs
- Concentrated secretome for testing biologics (monoclonal antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates)
- Saves time, and money spent on cells in other assays (such as relay assay)