Innovative Tools for 3D Cell Culture
Lena Biosciences has developed a unique 3D cell culture technology that recreates the physiological architecture that cells experience in vivo. This human-mimetic platform allows real-time study of cell behavior, and time-course metabolome and secretome analyses.
Current Market Limitations (addressed with PerfusionPal/SeedEZ):
The Perfusion Organ Panel / SeedEZ solution:
The 3D system, Perfused Organ Panel (POP) is a three-part solution consisting of the PerfusionPal plate, SeedEZ, and Blood Substitute, resulting in a uniquely accessible organo-mimetic 3D platform that provides perfusion and superior gas delivery to cells.
Benefits of Using the Perfusion Organ Panel
- Physiologically relevant interstitial perfusion
- Superior oxygenation and pH stability via Blood Substitute that mimics the functions of Hemoglobin
- High cell sensitivity to stimuli
- Statistically independent wells (high N for tests and controls)
- Long-term culturing
- In-well assaying (supernatants can be transferred to another plate for reads)
- Assay multiplexing
- Time-course assaying by sampling secretome and metabolome from wells
- Customizable perfusion rates
- Aseptic perfusion (Blood Substitute does not support growth of microorganisms)
- Reliable perfusion (no bubbles and no microchannels to clog)
- Zero dead volume in fluidics (no waste of precious reagents)
- Sterile and ready to use
- Blood Substitute can be reused, and maintains purity (Blood Substitute is inert, insoluble in and immiscible with media, reagents, drugs etc.)
- Better precision and control compared to animal models
SeedEZ scaffold provides a convenient framework for 3D cell culture, cell-based assays, and organ-like tissue models.
The PerfusionPal combines 3D cell culture with perfusion and Lena Biosciences' proprietary blood substitute to bring life to your cells.
It is and provides:
Lena Biosciences' proprietary Blood Substitute provides efficient delivery of atmospheric gases to the cells growing in their system. It enables superior oxygenation and pH maintenance by mimicking the functions of Hemoglobin which results in increased cell viability and function in vitro.