si3D-Fect™ is a 3D transfection reagent specifically designed and developed for silencing gene expression in cells cultured on 3D Scaffolds.
3D matrices not only add a third dimension to the cells’ environment, they also allow creating significant differences in cellular phenotype and behaviour. In this way, 3D matrices bearing complexes formed with si3D-Fect™ reagent and siRNA are colonized by cells to be transfected in a more natural environment. si3D-Fect™ reagent associated with 3D matrices allows numerous cell transfections in order to study tissue engineering, tissue regeneration, tumour invasion, neural differentiation, cellular polarization, tissue formation, colonization, neurite growth…
- Highly efficient for gene silencing in 3D matrices
- Ideal for any 3D scaffolds (sponges, matrices, inserts)
- Dedicated to short nucleic acid sequences (siRNA, miRNA…)
- Long term gene silencing
- Universal (primary cells and cell lines)
- Serum Compatible
- 250µL (STF40250): Good for 65 to 125 transfections with 50 nM siRNA in 100 µL Gel
- 500µL (STF40500): Good for 125 to 250 transfections with 50 nM siRNA in 100 µL Gel
- 1 mL (STF41000): Good for 250 to 500 transfections with 50 nM siRNA in 100 µL Gel
Shipping Conditions: Room temperature
Perfect for all transfections applications in 3D scaffolds such as sponges, matrices, inserts:
- tissue engineering
- tissue regeneration
- tumour invasion
- neural differentiation
- cellular polarization
- tissue formation
- neurite growth
RECOMMENDED FOR: Gene silencing of cells growing in 3D-scaffolds
Figure 1: si3D-Fect™ allows efficient siRNA transfection in 3D Scaffold: Collagen-derived scaffolds were loaded with 50 nM of fluorescently labelled siRNA complexed to 8 µL of si3D-Fect™ transfection reagent. Transfection efficiency on COS-7 and NIH-3T3 cells was observed by fluorescence microscopy after 48 h.
Figure 2: si3D-Fect™ allows optimal gene silencing in 3D-Scaffold: Collagen-derived scaffolds were loaded with complexes formed by 8 µL si3D-Fect™ and several concentrations of siRNA (0-50mM) directed against GFP. HeLa-GFP were added and gene silencing was observed 72H after transfection.